- This event has passed.
Business Professional Advisory
November 21, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 amFREE
Join us for a panel discussion on several business topics including: accounting, payroll, taxation, intellectual property, legal, and more.
Members have the opportunity to discuss various challenges and get any business questions answered.
9:00 – 9:45 am: Q&A Panel
- Edward Yoo, Partner, Bennett Jones, LLP
- Patent Law and various IP and licensing related topics
- Samantha C. Kernahan, Associate Counsel, DLA PIPER (Canada) LLP
- Legal topics for doing business in Canada and around the world
- Marnie Fyten, IP Advisor, CIPO
- Introduction to Intellectual Property and Building an IP Strategy for your Business
- Natalie Bonse, QuickBooks Certified ProAdvisor and Director, B&B Better Bookkeeping Ltd.
- Payroll related matters, e.g., employee vs. contractor, hourly vs. salary, benefits and overtime, payroll best practices
- Joanne Anderson, CPA, CA, Romanovsky & Associates LLP Chartered Professional Accountants
- Accounting & Tax matters, e.g., international subsidiary/foreign income, owner compensation, income type and tax incentives
9.45 am: Bio-break
10:00 – 11:00 am: Breakout Sessions & 1-1 Meeting Time with Panelists
We encourage you to come prepared with all of your questions and concerns related to the topics above. Our expert panelists are here to help you scale and position your business for success.
* available only for ATC members